Owned by: majnoonmike
- Year Bought/Built: 2013
- Motor: 8FUN 250 Watt Front Wheel Geared Motor
- Battery: LEED 10.4 Ah 24 Volt 30k Li-ion powered by Samsung
- Controller: LEED Proprietary 24 Volt Controller (250 Series)
- Fastest Recorded Speed: 20 mph (32.19 kph) GPS verified!
- Range: 20 km (12.43 mi)
- Weight: 8.5 lbs (3.86 kgs)
- Total Cost: $699
I bought this bike off a crusty Marine in Monterey, California in 2013 for $89 on craigslist. Using an Xtracycle Free Radical, it was converted into a cargo bike so I could carry the kids around. I installed a LEED 250 Series Electric Bike Conversion Kit. The battery is carried on the frame in a Revelate Designs frame bag. This protects the battery from bumpy rides and keeps it dry in bad weather. This bike has become my go-to commuter that I ride in the Washington D.C. area to and from work. It can carry all my gear as well as the kids and it is a fast ride. It’s fun to pass morning and evening commuters. They have no idea it is an electric bike!