Owned by: Micah
- Year Bought/Built: 2013
- Motor: Q11 (Nine Continent 2807 clone)
- Battery: 48V 10AH Lithium Nickel Cobalt Manganese Heat Shrink pack
- Controller: KU93 modded to 27A with CA connector added
- Fastest Recorded Speed: 46 kmh (28.58 mph)
- Range: 35 km (21.75 mi)
- Weight: 51 lbs (23.13 kgs)
- Total Cost: $750
This is my daily driver which I built to be reliable but not necessarily beautiful. I started with a used Merida mountain bike with 26″ wheels. I keep the battery in a Ibera triangle frame bag to keep the mass centered. It makes a huge difference vs a rear rack mounted battery.
For an ebike that gets to 30 mph with a light tailwind and has a 20+ mile range (and has a lithium battery), it was surprisingly cheap to build. I’ve modified the stock controller by adding a Cycle Analyst connector and bumped the current up a bit from the stock 22A, though I usually limit the current on the CA to 15A, which can give me over 25 miles of range with no pedaling. All in all it’s been a very reliable bike for the last year and a half.